Pharmacy & Prescriptions
Each year, more than 1.5 million Americans are injured, sickened, or killed because of prescription drug errors. If you believe you are a victim of pharmacy malpractice, a lawyer from Hodges & Foty can ensure you recover what is owed to you. With more than 50 years of combined experience, we have taken on some of the nation’s largest and most powerful companies on behalf of our clients and won.
How Can I Tell If I Am a Victim of Pharmacy Malpractice?
Have you ever visited a pharmacy to get your prescription filled and realized later it was done wrong? If so, there is a possibility that pharmacy malpractice occurred. You should contact a lawyer if any of the following types of mistakes caused you harm:
- The pharmacy gave you the wrong type of medication.
- The pharmacy dispensed the wrong dosage.
- They gave you incomplete or incorrect instructions.
- The pharmacist failed to check if you have any health conditions that could lead to adverse side effects.
- The pharmacist failed to check if you are allergic to the drug.
Why Should I Contact a Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyer?
Although the conditions of pharmacy malpractice may seem straightforward, there are several conditions an attorney can assess to determine whether you have a case worth pursuing. These conditions include:
- You relied on the pharmacist to offer you advice on the correct prescription for you and fill it.
- A duty of care existed and the pharmacist did not fulfill it.
- Their duty of care breach resulted in your sickness or injury.
- That breach of duty caused damages to you.
An experienced lawyer can review the details of your claim to see if there is a connection between the pharmacist’s negligence and the damages it caused you. If the lawyer determines there is a connection, they will help you pursue the case and advise you as it proceeds through court.
If a pharmacy filled your prescription wrong and it has caused you pain and suffering, do not feel as though you have to go it alone. Contact Hodges & Foty today for a free evaluation of your claim.