What Constitutes Pharmacy Medical Malpractice?
Depending on the circumstances, you may experience medical malpractice from your pharmacy in several ways. The following are some of the most common forms of pharmacy malpractice you may have experienced:
- Filling the wrong prescription: If your pharmacist gives you the incorrect medication type, this may count as malpractice. Giving you entirely incorrect medication can put you at serious risk when you would otherwise believe you are receiving your physician’s prescribed treatment for an issue.
- Wrong label: Using the wrong label on your medication, like finding another person’s name on your prescription container, may indicate malpractice from the pharmacy.
- Incorrect dosage: If the pharmacy gives you a dose that is too high or low, you may experience unnecessary adverse side effects or fail to treat the issue adequately.
- Inaccurate instructions: Your pharmacist giving you incorrect instructions can negatively impact your treatment timeline. If they tell you to take medication too many or too few times every day, give you incorrect instructions for applying or taking the drug, or a similar issue, this can put your health at risk.
- Failure to identify drug contraindications: A pharmacist is at least partially responsible for identifying medical contraindications, including those that will trigger an allergic reaction or counteract another medication. If this happens, you may face dangerous symptoms or side effects.
If you feel you have experienced medical malpractice from your pharmacy, your health and well-being are at risk. Other circumstances may also constitute pharmacy malpractice, so we recommend consulting a pharmacy malpractice lawyer for more detailed information. A Houston pharmacy malpractice attorney from Hodges & Foty, LLP can help you determine what went wrong and hold the liable individuals accountable for your losses and suffering.
How Can a Lawyer Help With My Pharmacy Malpractice Case?
If you are involved in legal matters of any kind, we strongly recommend you work with an attorney who has experience and dedication. The Houston pharmacy malpractice lawyers from Hodges & Foty, LLP can help you in several ways, including the following:
- Building a case
- Advocating in court
- Providing helpful information and resources
- Referring you to doctors and other medical providers
- Giving you access to further beneficial legal personnel
- Speaking on your behalf
- Leveling the playing field against legal representatives
- Completing and filing paperwork
- Managing your legal schedule
- Recommending next steps
- Joining or leading investigations
We can also help you in numerous other ways, so do not hesitate to ask us for additional support you may need. Please refrain from representing yourself during legal proceedings, as this can easily result in lost compensation and lengthier litigation.
Please contact a pharmacy malpractice attorney Hodges & Foty, LLP at your earliest convenience to enhance your chances of legal success. The sooner you connect with us, the more time we will have to dedicate to your case, collect and analyze information, build a strong case in your favor, and understand your needs and priorities.
Fight for Fair Compensation With Hodges & Foty, LLP by Your Side
If a pharmacy error has shaken your trust in healthcare, remember you are not alone on this journey to rectify the wrong. A pharmacy malpractice lawyers from Hodges & Foty, LLP, we understand the importance of a trusted pharmacist and the profound impact their mistakes can have on your life. Our Houston pharmacy malpractice attorneys are dedicated to meticulously unraveling the evidence of negligence that disrupted your health and well being.
Let us help you turn the page and guide you toward justice and healing. For your free consultation with a dedicated and board-certified pharmacy malpractice lawyers, please call us at (713) 523-0001 or fill out our contact form.